The Appalachian District Health Department is currently seeking applicants for four (4) Environmental Health Specialist positions. We have two (2) openings in our On-Site Water Protection Program and two (2) in the Food Protection and Facilities Program. Although a majority of the work will be in Watauga County (“duty station” in Ashe negotiable) however staff can expect to work across the district from time to time.
Major benefits include:
· $5,000 Sign on Bonus for any new staff member hired. Receive half when you start and half after receiving authorization or within 6 months.
· Minimum pay begins at $55,000 and staff with prior years of experience and authorizations can start out earning more
· $1,000 stipend to pay for work clothing, shoes, equipment, or vehicle expenses annually
· All staff begin earning annual and sick leave immediately. AppHealthCare recognizes time earned at other county departments or state service so you begin earning more leave time faster
· Competitive benefits package including State Health Plan insurance, paid holidays, retirement etc.
· Work in a supportive team environment as part of AppHealthCare. Our core values are integrity, drive, resilience, service, and community. We are committed to recruiting and retaining quality staff to serve our public.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Applications and questions regarding benefits should be directed to Sheila Andrews, Human Resources Director (sheila.andrews).