Toe River Health District is looking for an
Environmental Health Onsite Program Specialist
$55,000-60,000 salary depending on experience
We are looking for an experienced Environmental Health Onsite Program Specialist for Mitchell County. This position will serve as the onsite team lead for Mitchell and Avery Counties.
Mitchell County is a mountainous county, where our summers are warm but not sweltering, our winters can be cold but not frigid. Have fun snow skiing, river rafting, hiking the many trails or even the Appalachian Trail, visit the many waterfalls, beautiful scenery, rural lifestyle, low crime rate, great schools, and friendly people. Enjoy a clean, slower paced way of living. About 45 minutes from Asheville, and Johnson City, Tennessee.
· Salary range $55,000-60,000 depending on experience.
· Property owners are responsible for digging pits. No digging by our EH staff.
· Great work family. We work as a team so you will have support when you need it.
· Excellent County Commissioner and Board of Health support.
· Less than a 3 week backlog.
· You will have a Toe River Suburu to drive for work along with an agency cell phone.
· You will receive a $500 per year clothing allowance.
· We have a $5,000 sign on bonus. Half on first paycheck, second half at one year anniversary.
· Moving allowance of up to $5,000 depending on distance.
· You will earn 10 hours of vacation leave and 9 hours of sick leave each month. You will get 12 holidays per year plus 8 additional hours of personal leave every year.
· You will be a part of the North Carolina state retirement system. We have a 401k/457 supplemental retirement plan available.
· We have NC State Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance. Your cost is $25 a month for 70/30 or $50 a month for 80/20.
· At Toe River Health District we value families. We have a yearly, catered picnic where families are welcome. We are flexible with our time off.
Our perfect candidate will be able to
· Work well with the public
· Evaluate sites for well water and septic systems, lay out systems and inspect installed systems
· Evaluate problems in existing systems
· Inspect and evaluate sites for location of wells
· Evaluate existing homes for verification of wastewater and water supply systems
· Collect water samples for analysis and review
· Investigate nuisance complaints and on-site wastewater system failures
· Prepare reports, correspondence and other documents concerning complaints and enforcement activities
· Authorized in Onsite in North Carolina
· Valid NC driver’s license
· Authorized in Food and Lodging
Deadline: Open until filled
Please submit NC State Application to:
Toe River Health District
Attn: Diane Creek, Health Director
130 Forest Service Road, Suite D
Bakersville, NC 28705
Or email NC State Application to:
Diane Creek, Health Director- diane.creek
Link to state application: https://oshr.nc.gov/nc-state-government-paper-application-employment-pd-107