This new position for the OSWP program is still open. The Orange County Health Department is recruiting for Soil Scientist I because development in Orange County is growing.
We are looking for a EH professional who loves soil work, wants a defined career ladder, and is willing to grow with this program. This position is perfect for an REHS, working in Onsite, and wanting licensure by the LSS Board within 3 years OR an LSS who can become an REHS in 3 years. Salary is commensurate about both credentials and experience. See below for county tuition assistance. The application period closes June 13th.
Applications may be submitted online through the job announcement link here: https://www.orangecountync.gov/887/Job-Opportunities
Benefits of working at the Orange County Health Department:
• Competitive salary for a career at an innovative health department that works with a diverse population
• Possible flexible work schedule after probationary period
• 401-K and other retirement benefits with free counseling
• Paid health insurance for the employee with insurance services being provided by Blue Cross/ Blue Shield of NC; Delta Dental; Community Eye Care; and a numerous other insurance products available for employees and dependents
• Tuition reimbursement program plus some flexibility for someone working on their soil science license
• Reduced cost membership to the Triangle Sportsplex
• Additional employee wellness incentives
• Access to dental health services for employees through the Orange County Health Department
• Eight paid holidays, plus a flexible paid day off based on your anniversary date; generous vacation accrual is based upon years of service; and sick leave reciprocity for NC employees
The office is located in Hillsborough, NC. It is conveniently located to Interstates 40 and 85 and US 70 Hwy. If you have specific questions about the Onsite Water Protection program, please contact Phil Vilaro at 919-245-2362 or email pvilaro.
Other questions may be directed to my contact information below. Thank you for your interest.
Victoria Hudson, MPA, REHS
Environmental Health Director| Innovation Grants Manager
Environmental Health Division
Orange County Health Department
131 W. Margaret Lane, Unit 100
Hillsborough, NC 27278
Phone: 919.245.2365 / Fax: 919.644.3006