Foothills Health District is excited to announce an opening in our Food and Lodging department! This position will be based in McDowell county.
The preferred candidate must be able to:
• Perform independent field work to assess environmental health hazards in food establishments, institutions, childcare centers, schools, and other regulated facilities.
• Promote and protects public health through education, inspection, permitting, surveillance, and enforcement related to sanitation in food establishments, institutions, childcare centers, schools, and other regulated facilities.
• Investigate complaints related to food establishments, institutions, childcare centers, schools, and other regulated facilities.
• Inspect and permit seasonal and year-round public swimming pools.
• Inspect and permit tattoo artists.
• Assist in childhood lead investigations and reporting.
Also, this position will be highly involved in “The Potato Project!” Foothills Environmental Health was awarded an FDA grant to help at-risk retail food establishments learn and utilize commonly used and accepted practices to more safely prepare and distribute food.
See our vacancy announcement here:
Let me know if you have any questions related to the job.
We will be accepting applications through January 11, 2021.
Jason Masters, REHS
Environmental Health Director
Foothills Health District
Online at http://www.foothillshd.org