Employment Opportunity: Wake County Environmental Services – Environmental Health Specialist – On Site Wastewater
To apply please visit, https://ewaketalent.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/3/home/requisition/900?c=ewaketalent
To view our benefits section please visit, http://www.wakegov.com/employment/benefits/Pages/default.aspx
Wake County’s employees enjoy competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, generous paid leave, investment in professional development, and a balance of work and family life. We offer a diverse selection of benefits to choose from, allowing employees to customize their benefits package to meet their family’s unique needs.
Our comprehensive benefits package and wellness programs are the rewards that go beyond the paycheck, including a 5% employer contribution to NC 401(k); on-site Employee Health Centers; employee assistance programs; and medical, dental, vision and life insurance options. The County also offers a generous paid leave program that includes sick, annual, community service, parental, military and bereavement leave. These benefits, along with our award-winning wellness programs, set us apart as an employer of choice and affirm our commitment to supporting employees and their families, both inside and outside of work.
What You’ll Be Doing
If you have an interest in more advanced water treatment systems, you will have an opportunity to work with them in Wake County. With the first residential, on-site, whole house recycling system in the State of North Carolina, Wake County has responded to a request for a truly innovative design. Of course, Wake County Water Quality has to have some standards that are County specific. Development here is serving a science savvy population and a growing job market in science and technology fields. The development community is engaged and active in designing new products for the public. Wake County Water Quality keeps up with developments in the industry through encouraging staff development and collaborating with partners that design, install, and build. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow with a program that will give you new challenges and opportunities every week.
- Perform the mandated enforcement of laws, rules and regulations pertaining to wells, on-site wastewater systems, residuals and public swimming pools
- Evaluate land to determine the suitability for installation of on-site ground absorption wastewater systems
- Evaluate installations of on-site ground absorption wastewater systems
- Perform well inspections, swimming pool inspections, existing system inspections, and operation and maintenance inspections
- Investigate public health complaints
- Perform legal preparations, continuing educations, emergency response, grave removal and natural disaster shelter duty
- Present educational presentations to the public
- Create and support a team work environment
NOTE: We are currently recruiting qualified applicants for an Environmental Health Specialist position.
- Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 30 semester hours in physical or biological science. Registered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS), Wastewater Authorization and Swimming Pool Authorization required. A valid driver’s license and a “safe” driving record required.
- Market Range Minimum: $22.21
- Market Range Midpoint: $29.99
- Market Range Maximum: $37.76
If there are no fully qualified applicants, we will consider applicants for an Environmental Health Associate position.
- Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 30 semester hours in physical or biological science. A valid driver’s license and a “safe” driving record required.
- Market Range Minimum: $20.19
- Market Range Midpoint: $27.26
- Market Range Maximum: $34.33
About Our Team
The Wake County Environmental Services Division of Water Quality promotes leadership in water management and sustainability and promotes health by protecting high quality water throughout Wake County. This mission is part of our strategic planning and drives our division to respond to new needs continuously.
The Basics (Required Education and Experience)
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 30 semester hours in physical or biological science. Registered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS), Wastewater Authorization and Swimming Pool Authorization required. A valid driver’s license and a “safe” driving record required. Equivalent education and experience combination accepted.
Beyond the Basics (Preferred Education and Experience)
- Strong performance record as a Registered Environmental Health Specialist in Onsite Wastewater
How Will We Know You’re ‘The One’?
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, manage and coordinate multiple assignment
About This Position
Location: Waverly F. Akins Wake County Office Building Raleigh, NC 27601
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Mon – Fri 8:30am – 5:15pm
Hiring Range: $22.21 – $37.76
Posting Closing Date: 7:00 pm on 1/28/2020
What Makes Wake Great
Home to the State Capital, Wake County is one of the fastest growing areas in the nation and the second-most populous county in the state, with approximately 1,000,000 residents. The County has received national and international rankings and accolades from publications such as Money, Fortune, and Time magazines as being one of the best places to live, work and play. The central location of the County allows for a short drive to the spectacular mountains or coast. Wake County Government is governed by a seven-member Board of Commissioners, who are elected at-large to serve four-year terms. Wake County Government has a general operating budget of $1.3 billion, employs approximately 4,200 employees, experiences minimal turnover, and is an award-winning leader in wellness and technology initiatives; such as offering employees and covered spouses free access to the Employee Health Center. Wake County Government offers a wide range of training and development opportunities, a stable career in public service with a balance of work and family life, flexible work schedules and a competitive salary and benefits package.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Position may require a background check that may include: criminal, credit, motor vehicle, education, and sexual offender registry or others based on job requirements. Unless required by state law, a record of conviction will not automatically exclude you from consideration for employment. Wake County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Water Quality Manager
Wake County Government