Orange County Environmental Health is recruiting to fill a Retail Food Protection, Lodging, and Institution Program vacancy! Please view the posting and apply here by June 27th.
The food assignment will give someone a lot of great experiences with the inspections of the local medical system and the university system and athletics. We are fortunate to mostly local owner/operators which give us a daily variety of menu review and specialized food processes. We want to recruit the right person for this job that is willing to take challenges and grow with them.
We are looking to onboard an experienced staff person with authorizations in RFP, Lodging, and Institutions; Childcare Centers; Public Swimming Pools; and Tattoos. Preference will be given to a candidate with plan review experience and leadership knowledge, skills, or gifts. Salary is commensurate to education, authorizations, and work experience and intended to be competitive with other Triangle neighbors.
Orange County provides a competitive benefits package that includes:
· Participation in the North Carolina State Retirement System
o Orange County contributes 11.35% of your base salary per pay period
· Health Insurance
o Blue Cross and Blue Shield NC
o Orange County pays 100% of employee premiums for health insurance
o Orange County pays a portion of dependent health insurance premiums
o High deductible plans with $1400 County Contribution to a HAS annually is available
· Dental Insurance
o Delta Dental.
o Orange County pays 100% of employee premiums for dental insurance
o Health Department Dental Clinic is available for new county employee patients
· Life Insurance
o Orange County pays for an employee life insurance policy based on employees salary up to $50,000
· Short-Term Disability is proposed in the FY22-23 budget to be covered by the County
· Vision Insurance
o Community Eye which includes Lasik® discounts
· Optional Life and Disability Coverage
· Optional Pet Insurance
· Recognized domestic partnerships for the purpose of establishing benefits
· 401(k) and 457 Deferred Compensation Plans
o Orange County contributes $27.50 per pay period to the supplemental retirement plan you choose and will contribute up to an additional $63 ($1512 annually) per pay period as a match
· 12 Paid Holidays
o Includes Juneteenth as a recognized Holiday + 8 hours of extra Annual Leave upon anniversary date
· Longevity pay at year 10
· Annual Leave that accrues generously based on longevity
· Sick Leave (accruals from other counties usually transfer) and Parental Leave (240 hours)
· Local apartment complex discounts for leases with county employees
· Differential pay (3% increase) for bilingual staff who pass assessment and use their language skills on the job
· Heavily discounted fitness membership to Orange County Sportsplex
· County cell phone or stipend
· Shoe allowance
· Fleet vehicle provided
· Clean modern offices/ technology and flexible scheduling plus supported remote working options in lieu of most office work
Again, please view the posting and apply here. Thank you for your consideration.
Victoria Hudson, MPA, REHS
Environmental Health Director
Environmental Health Division
Orange County Health Department
131 W. Margaret Lane, Unit 100
Hillsborough, NC 27278
Phone: 919.245.2365 / Fax: 919.644.3006
Check your Well and Septic Permit status here. www.orangecountync.gov/641
Please tell us how we are doing by taking this very quick survey. We appreciate your comments.
Consider the environment and the cost before printing this email.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: All email messages, including any attachments, generated from or received by this site are the property of Orange County Government and are considered public domain subject to the North Carolina Public Record Law. The Orange County Health Department transmits minimal confidential client/patient information via email, and any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. If you believe there has been an inappropriate disclosure, please contact Carla Julian, OCHD HIPAA Privacy and Security Officer, at cjulian.