So you’re looking for a job in environmental health, and you want to make a great salary?
This position has a salary of $61,000.
Foothills Health District is excited to announce a new position in our Onsite Wastewater department! We are interested in an experienced, authorized candidate. This position will be based out of McDowell OR Rutherford county!
You will have cool bosses, lots of backup and support, awesome co-workers, and a truly enjoyable work environment. Do you want to improve the quality of your life? Most of our employees choose to work from home and we offer a balanced work/personal schedule and competitive pay for the area. Additionally we can offer a $5,000 sign-on bonus for an authorized OSWW inspector! We also have a pit policy so all lots are required to have backhoe pits before we make the initial visit! We typically maintain a 2 to 3 week backlog, and we have an excellent working relationship with the public. If you are looking for the benefits of living in WNC, but still want a reasonable workload, give Foothills Health District a call.
The preferred candidate must be able to:
• Perform new site evaluations for both septic systems and private drinking water wells.
• Issue or deny permits based on compliance with N.C. Rules and Regulations.
• Perform final inspections of permitted systems during and after the construction process.
• Perform well grout inspections and final well head evaluations to determine compliance with N.C. Rules and Regulations.
• Collect private drinking water well samples.
• Issue Operation permits for septic systems and wells upon verification of all installation requirements.
• Inspect existing systems for additions/expansions and re-connections.
• Investigate complaints concerning septic systems and private water supplies and other public health related matters.
• Other duties as assigned by Environmental Health Supervisor or Director.
See our vacancy announcement here:
We will be accepting applications through July 29, 2022.
Let me know if you have any questions related to the job.
Jason Masters, REHS
Environmental Health Director
Regional Infection Prevention Support Team Director Regions 1 and 2
Foothills Health District
Online at http://www.foothillshd.org